- Type: Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate: $24.56-$29.47 per hour (DOE, DOQ)
The City of Caldwell has an opening for a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Specialist in the Finance Department. The principal function of an employee in this class is to perform CDBG activities on a city-wide basis. The work is performed under the direct supervision of the finance director, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, employees, business owners, community groups, non-profit organizations, government agencies, representatives of the media, and the general public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment and in a fieldwork setting with an emphasis on teamwork; work responsibilities include both indoor and outdoor tasks.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate degree in business administration or a closely related field; and
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in related community development activities preferred; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications:
- Ability to successfully complete the National Community Development Association’s.
- CDBG Basics: Training for Practitioners within two (2) years of employment.
- Subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check.