We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Community Development Generalist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of community engagement and be able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people. This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact in the community and contribute to the development of sustainable solutions for social issues.
You will be managing various community development programs including conducting eligibility of applicants, performing the procurement process, and assisting with promoting programs to the public.
- Prepare documents for project implementation, including but not limited to, notices to property owners, contracts, lien payments/agreements, county notices, construction bid packages, property liens and lien releases. Review and monitor invoices for accuracy and process payments. Assist with preparation of statistical and demographic data and maps. Perform limited GIS duties; extract relevant data from census figures.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications to alternative funding sources for various Community Development programs. Assist in preparing reports for submission to various local, state, and federal agencies. Perform environmental assessments for various projects/programs.
- Manage various Community Development programs. Receive applications, register participants, determine eligibility, perform file maintenance, resolve disputes, monitor invoices for accuracy, processes payments. Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints relating to program issues. Prepare invoices and file appropriate lien documents.
- General duties: Coordinate grant-funded programs, public notices, public hearings and advertising. Assist in marketing all Community Development programs to the public. Maintain storage and the Standard Operating Procedures for various Community Development programs. Review Community Development programs to suggest improvements and/or modifications to better comply with program goals and objectives. Assist with the financial monitoring of external organizations receiving grant funding.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.