Vacancy No.: 23-013-1
Title of Position: Housing & Community Development Coordinator
Vacancy exists in the Community Development Department
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000 per year/35 hours per week
Date Posted: January 13, 2023
Deadline for Applying: January 30, 2023
Remarks: This is a Classified/Exempt Position
Examination Weight: 100% Education & Experience
Statement of Duties: Works under general supervision and is responsible for assisting with the management, administration and implementation of the Community Development Block Grant, Housing Rehabilitation, Affordable Housing, and the Sewer Tie-in Grant Programs. Duties Include:
- Plans, directs and coordinates program activities for the Community Development, Home Improvement Loan, and the Sewer Tie-In Programs.
- Prepares status reports on all projects; and performs required environmental reviews on funded projects.
- Ensures all funded projects are in compliance with federal
- Performs underwriting review of housing rehabilitation loans and conducts loan
- Enters and maintains data in HUD’s IDIS system including activity set-up, draw-downs, receipts and vouchers.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of HUD required reports and plans including the Five-Year Consolidated Plan (“ConPlan”), Annual Action Plan (“AAP”), and Consolidated Annual performance & Evaluation Report (“CAPER”).
- Manages the Home Improvement Program Loan
- Provides staff assistance for the Affordable Housing Task
- Assists with the management and implementation of the CDBG Housing
- Provides assistance to staff and other constituencies on other housing related
- Performs related work as
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and two years of related experience; or a substantially equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants will also be subject to a background criminal check prior to employment. Negative findings may prevent applicant from being considered.
The City of Warwick offers a robust menu of employer provided benefits to include individual and family health and dental insurance; paid time off to include holidays, vacation, personal time and sick leave; pension, life insurance, and optional, supplemental retirement plans.