Senior Associate Fair Housing Technical Assistance Provider
Abt Associates seeks a Senior Associate in our Social & Economic Policy Division to bring subject matter expertise, and to design and lead Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funded technical assistance (TA) projects related to housing and community development planning and programs. This position will have a specific focus on helping state and local grantees plan, develop, and implement effective fair housing policies and programs. This position will also require a range of 5-15% travel.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing training curriculums, using virtual and in person modalities, to expand the knowledge and skills of state and local grantees to affirmatively further fair housing.
- Designing tools and guidance to be applied within specific engagements and shared nationally to support local efforts to address specific challenges related to fair housing.
- Working cooperatively with communities and agencies to assess fair housing needs, develop and implement capacity building strategies to improve their efforts, and evaluate impact.
- Facilitating knowledge sharing to promote cross-learning within Abt and externally.
The position also requires the ability to manage budgets, project deliverables, and timelines; build and maintain relationships with government clients and TA recipients; manage and coordinate teams; work with diverse populations; mentor and provide technical guidance to other staff; exercise initiative and lead innovation in the field; and communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and partners. Candidates must be willing to work independently at times, taking full ownership of assigned tasks, and collaboratively at other times, working with a small team of TA providers and/or clients to successfully execute assignments. Candidates must be comfortable with telework technologies and work styles, since the candidate would be working with colleagues and TA recipients located throughout the country. Site travel may be required (during the COVID-19 pandemic, there is no expectation of travel).
- Candidates must demonstrate deep knowledge of HUD grantees’ obligation to affirmatively further fair housing, such as through experience leading and implementing fair housing programs or policies for a state or local government or PHA, or experience with developing and conducting trainings on fair housing.
- In addition to fair housing expertise, successful candidates will have strong knowledge of one or more of the following HUD programs and cross-cutting requirements: CDBG, HOME and homeless programs; Housing Choice Voucher programs and PHA administration. Candidates should have practical knowledge of program regulations and compliant implementation. Alternatively, successful candidates will have interest and ability to contribute to research projects in Abt’s Housing and Asset Building practice area.
- Experience facilitating community-level equity and inclusion work to identify disparities and support planning processes focused on advancing equity.
- Demonstrated ability to design holistic, systems-level strategies using data-informed thinking and community input.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Abt staff and other TA provider staff, and HUD grantees and their constituents.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate knowledge of how local housing and community development needs disproportionately impact Black, Indigenous and People of Color and other marginalized populations and the ability to support communities in deeply probing these disparities and developing planning processes focused on advancing equity in fair housing programs and systems. They would have experience with centering the experience of multiple perspectives, including communities of color and of people with lived experience of poverty in planning, decision-making and implementation processes.
Senior Associate candidates will possess Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD + Eight years of relevant experience. Candidates may substitute relevant experience for degree credentials. If you are interested in and passionate about the work described in this posting, we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet 100% of the listed qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of approximately $105,120.07 to $168,192.11 and may vary by ten percent depending on candidate geographic location. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis.
Applications may be submitted at: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/102610/?utm_medium=jobshare
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.